- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. Eye Care North offers the optomap® as an important part of our eye exams.
The optomap produces an image that is unique and provides our doctor with a high-resolution 200° image in order to ascertain the health of your retina. This is much wider than a traditional 45° image.
Many eye problems can develop without you knowing. In fact, you may not even notice any change in your sight – fortunately, diseases or damage such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with a thorough exam of the retina.
The inclusion of optomap as part of a comprehensive eye exam provides:
- An image to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more comprehensive view than they can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows our doctor to view your images each year to look for changes.
The optomap is fast, easy, and comfortable for anyone. The entire image process consists of you looking into the device one eye at a time. The optomap images are shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you. Schedule your optomap today!
For more information on the optomap please visit the optomap website: